Middle School Honors Math with Mrs. Hanny
Welcome to Honors Math
Everyday you will Need:
- Math Textbook
- Assignment notebook
- Pencil (we do not write in ink)
- Calculator (Algebra 1/Geometry)
- Composition book (for warm ups)
What to expect
We will spend a lot of time with real world applications this year. This not only teaches how to do the math, but also how to apply it. We will also have individual and group projects throughout the year.
Our Daily Routine
- Class will start with warm ups every day. This can include review questions, Istep questions, ECA questions, and challenge questions.
- Students will have an opportunity to ask questions about the previous night’s homework.
- Notes will be presented in order to help with homework and studying for quizzes and tests.
- Any time remaining will be used to start working on the homework assignments.
- Test dates will be communicated at least one week in advance and will be posted on the middle school test calendar.
- Check the Grade Level Blog on Monday after 3pm for specific information for the week.
- Students need to expect homework 4-5 days per week.
- Homework usually consists of about 15-20 problems.
- Homework is due the next day.
- Most homework will come from the textbook.
- Homework, quizzes, tests and projects will be graded on a point scale.
- Homework assignments will be worth 10 points. Quizzes, tests and projects will be worth 20-60 points.
- Parents and students can look at grades on Powerschool.
- If a student is absent, they should always check with me on the following day to make sure they stay on track.
- Please contact me with any questions or concerns via email at or leave a message at 852-2242 ext 7326.