Praying for Vocations – Every Catholic’s Responsibility
The Vocation Prayer Chalice is moving to a NEW MASS TIME so other families can take home the prayer chalice and pray for Religious Vocations. Each week at the 5:30 p.m. Saturday Mass, the celebrant will call a volunteer family, individual, or couple forward to receive a blessing and the chalice to take home and set it in a place of honor.
Each day for a week, during prayer time, they commit to using the chalice as a focal point to pray for religious vocations, praying especially for those in our parish and family who the Holy Spirit is calling to the priesthood or religious life.
Prayer is the most powerful way to support vocations. When we pray for vocations, we lift up to our Father those men and women who he is calling in a very special way. It is our hope that the fruit of this ministry will raise up of a culture at St. Malachy that fervently prays for and supports vocations.
- Families, couples, and singles are encouraged to sign-up for a week of prayer.
- There is a sign-up sheet at the receptionist desk after weekend Masses or you can e-mail Larry Timko at
- Vocation prayer cards will be included with the chalice.
- You are encouraged to keep the prayer card and continue to pray daily for religious vocations.
- You will receive a notice of your assigned week and a reminder the week before.
- During the 5:30 p.m. Mass, the weekly recipients will be called to the altar after communion to receive a blessing and the chalice.
- The recipients will take the chalice and green bag with prayer cards home and pray the vocation prayer daily and any other prayers they would like to add.
- They will return the chalice before the 5:30 p.m. Mass the following week and place it on the offertory gift table in the back of church.
- The chalice will be brought up with the offertory gifts during Mass and placed on the altar.