Each Fall, the Shamrock Chapter of the National Junior Honor Society will extend invitations to eligible students.
- The faculty council set the minimum cumulative GPA at 3.7 for selection for candidacy. Eligible candidates will receive an application packet in early Fall. Upon receipt of the completed student applications, the faculty council will meet and evaluate them on the basis of leadership, service, citizenship and character. Eligible students will also be evaluated by SMS faculty members.
- Selection for candidacy is made solely on the basis of GPA. Reception of an invitation does not in any way guarantee acceptance into the chapter.
- Students should contact the Chapter Advisor if they have any questions about the application packet.
- Inductions of new members will happen each Fall. Students in 7th – 8th grade are eligible for invitations. 6th graders are not eligible until after they have completed at least two quarters.
- Active members of the council are expected to attend meetings, remain active in service and maintain a 3.7 GPA. The GPA is cumulative from the beginning of 6th grade through the end of their 8th grade year.