Since 1996, St. Malachy Parish has been providing medical, dental, vision, educational, economic and water purification assistance through a faith-based, long-term relationship with the 46,000 members of Ste. Marguerite Parish and its five chapels (Corail, Haut Petit, Bogne, Bas Petit Borgne, Ti Boy and Bas Quartie) and the Port Margot community in northern Haiti.
Several times a year volunteer doctors, dentists, optometrists, engineers and water purification experts from Brownsburg and the Indianapolis area travel to Port Margot on mission trips to aid our brothers and sisters in Haiti.
Medical Mission-Provides medical, dental, and vision care to the Port Margot community
- 1998 First Medical Mission to Ste. Marguerite
- 2002 Dispensaire Presbyteral St. Malachy De Port-Margot opens. The Clinic is staffed full time by Haitian Doctor, Nurse, Technicians and office manager.
- 2003 Gift of Water program established for Port Margot
- 2004 Sponsor-a-Child program initiated for Ste. Teresa School
- 2008 Building expansion with building for Religious Order and expanded clinic to 5600 sq. with 10 additional ward beds.
- March 2009 30th mission completed.
- 2009 Servants of Mary Religious Order move to Port Margot to provide medical clinic operations.
- 2011 Expansion of Ste. Teresa School to include second floor which added 8 classrooms.
- 2012 First secondary school class (equivalent to US high school) at Ste. Theresa School
- 2013 Expansion of St. Malachy Clinic
How to Help: St. Malachy Haiti medical mission is primarily looking for all interested professionals to serve the people of Ste. Marguerite and Port Margot, Haiti. We also need people of ALL backgrounds including: medical, dental, nursing, teachers, business, and technical skills to help with clinic, school, & community.
St. Malachy usually has 3 trips to Haiti each year with a variety of group sizes and backgrounds. Everyone is welcome and all help is appreciated.
Water Project -Provide clean water through the “Gift of Water” home based purifiers Provide assistance to Ste. Marguerite Parish and the Port Margot commune and with larger water systems installed with Fountains of Hope
Sponsor A Child-Support the Ste. Teresa School by sponsoring over 300 children each year that provides assistance with tuition, lunch program, uniforms, books & teacher salaries
Annual fundraising event:
- This year we are combining the Walkathon and the Bikeathon to create St. Malachy Outreach Ministry: Help for Haiti Walk, Run Ride 2017! Thi is a Family Fun event for a Good Cause! 5K Run and Walk and the Bikeathon will all start at St. Malachy Catholic School. Walk, Run or Ride in Support of the Haiti Mission! The ride is open to all riders from the casual cyclist to the seasoned rider. Starting and ending at St. Malachy Church, the tour will offer 10, 25, and 45 mile routes through the countryside of Hendricks County. Visit www.getmeregistered.com to sign up for this fantastic event! A picnic will occur after the event from 11AM - 1PM with family activities. Come and support the Haiti Ministry!
The next Haiti Mission Trip will be June 3rd - 10th, 2017. Volunteers are needed - medical, dental and non-medical. If interested in going to Haiti to help, please contact Sheila Zielinski via email:
Need more information? Please contact Sheila Zielinski
Join us on Facebook: Haiti Twins: Saints Malachy and Marguerite
St. Marguerite, Haiti